Saturday, June 17, 2017

Quick & Easy Thank You Cards!

For me time is precious and I have to plan my commitments and crafting time out each week. What about you?

Also, this weekend I have family staying and so not only do I have limited time to create but also, limited space....my two nephews are camping out in my craft room!

However, while they were out bowling with their father today, I grabbed some time and the small desk space I had left myself, to create these quick and easy thank you cards! 

The idea actually came to me while I was sleeping last night...do you dream up crafting ideas? I think my head flows with ideas and techniques that I see while I am web surfing and pinning. The idea was to make some quick and easy cards using a piece of our beautiful DSP cut up economically. So that is what I did!


I am loving the Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper (DSP) at the moment and so I picked one of the 12 beautifully decorated sheets (the pack includes 2 each of double-sided designs) and cut it up into 6 pieces of 4" x 6".

I then grabbed my coordinating Delightful Daisy Cardstock Pack, which includes 24 sheets: 8 each of 3 colours - Calypso Coral, Old Olive & Pool Party, and cut one sheet of each colour into two card bases. The Calypso Coral I cut length wise to make two top folding card bases while the other two colours I cut in half on the long side to create my two standard card bases.

The 4" width pieces of DSP fit nicely on a card front, however, they need trimming a little to create my front panel piece, with a small border. 

TIP: DON'T throw away this strip of DSP, because that is what you can decorate the inside of your card with!



I then cut a 4" x 1" strip of the coordinating card base colour for the base of my greeting which was stamped on a 4" x  7/8" strip of Whisper White cardstock.  I stamped the 'Thank You' greeting from my Daisy Delight stamp set using Black Memento Ink and using Snail Adhesive adhered this to the front of my card.

The inside of my card I decorated with a piece of Whisper White card that was 4" wide so the offcut of DSP would fit nicely across the bottom section, to tie over the front theme of my card. I then stamped another greeting inside the card and voila my card was finished.


I repeated this process six times and within 15 minutes I had made 6 cards.... this post took longer to create than my cards!

The total cost of the supplies to make these projects, PLUS, there is plenty left over for me to create MANY MORE quick and easy cards was only $99!

Thank you so much for coming by today - and a BIG thank you to all my amazing customers. You are helping me to achieve my goals!

Have a look at the products that I used below and if you live in Australia, you can purchase them today simply by clicking on them, which will take you to my online store!

Supplies used:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails