Saturday, July 8, 2017

Traditional and Pocket Pages

With our Memories & More range you can create traditional 12x12 layouts as we have packs of 12x12 Page Protectors as well as the 12x12 Variety Photo Pocket Pages to capture your memories with this method and using our Memories & More Card Packs.

I like how the Bundle of Love Memories & More Card Pack is double-sided with Blushing Bride (pink) colour way on one side and Soft Sky (blue) on the other. So whether you are after a boy or girl theme this set will suit you for either!

I used this pack to create firstly a traditional 12x12 layout of my grandson Theo's first birthday, that they celebrated with a cake smash photo shoot! Theo was more interested in eating the blueberries than the rest of the cake.


I was so pleased that the cards in the pack coordinated so well with the colours in my photos and I wanted to make one photo a feature, which tells it's own story of which birthday it is.

The 'love this' wording so reflected my feelings of seeing him celebrate his first birthday and I tied it in with a Basic Black 'Happy Birthday' cut out using our thinlits die.

I had my basic layout put together and then put a call out to my Facebook friends and fellow Stampin' Up! scrapbookers on how to tie it all together, their suggestions were invaluable and helped me pull the page together.

I stamped some tone on tone with Sahara Sand ink stamping some grunge images (Swirly Bird stamp set) from the top left and tying it in with a little in the bottom right. I grounded the photo and cards together by drawing a black line with my Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker between the elements.

A final touch was adhering some blue metallic stars down the left hand side to tie in with the stars from the cake.

My opposite page I created using the Pocket Pages and a variety of photos plus, some matching cards. I have decided as to what I want to journal or say about these photos yet, so there is room for that later.


Here is an image of them side by side as they will sit in my album.


What style of scrapbooking or memory keeping fits you?

Supplies used:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails